Continuing its growth and expansion of press offerings, Sakurai USA, Inc. has introduced the new SD Series Model 96, which is a 25" x 38" size. The new press series is a 16-page format size and complements Sakurai’s existing sizes of 20" X 26" and 23 5/8" x 31". The new Sakurai 96 Series is a welcome addition to the SD family of presses, first introduced to the North American market at Graph Expo 2004 and Print 05 in Chicago. The 96 Series is available in four to six color configurations plus coating and perfecting.
“The new 25” x 38” size has been requested by many Sakurai customers who have been growing into the 16-page format, but had no continuing choice from Sakurai. This addition will allow Sakurai to maintain their loyal customer base as their needs grow and also appeal to any printer desiring to move up to a fully automated 16 page press”, said Don Bence, Vice President, Sakurai USA, Inc.
The Sakurai 96 Series press has been exhibited in Japan with favorable response and considerable interest and will make its North America debut at Graph Expo ‘07, September 9-12, 2007 in Chicago, IL.
“Sakurai is the first and only press manufacturer to offer a press series which reflects the original North American size, built by North American press manufacturers, before all manufacturing went offshore in the 70's. Most sheets that run on 16-page format presses today are 25" x 38" and this new size was designed with that in mind. Staying true to Sakurai's tradition of supplying fully automated - yet economically priced presses, the new Model 96 will be well received by printers facing the extremely competitive market for print”, Bence said.
- Sheet Size: 25 ” x 38 1/8”
- Image Size: 24 7/8” x 37 ”
- Speed: 16,000 sheets per hour
- Substrate: 0.0016" up to 0.024"
Standard Major Features
- SAS/Sakurai Auto Set (sheet size and impression presetting)
- SPC/Sakurai Plate Changing
- Remote control plate running register and plate cylinder cocking
- SCCIII (QSS – Quick stand-by system)
- Automatic blanket washing
- Automatic ink roller washing
- Ultra sonic double sheet detector
- OLIVERMATIC – continuous dampening system
- Oscillating ink form rollers
- SIS/Sakurai InterActive System
- Feeder suction belts
- Platform feeder
- Side and front lay sensors
- Roller preparation for roller temperature control system
- Powder spray device (Grafix digital)
- Quick action blanket clamp
- Platform delivery with non-stop facility
- High pile delivery system
- Ink duct timing adjustment
- Motor driven ink fountain roller
- Anti-static device
- Sheet de-curler